- 1616.April.MondayCannot determine address at this location.http://toronto-guild-of-spinners-and-weavers.com/event/lace-weaves-on-4-shafts-with-jette-vandermeiden/Cannot determine address at this location.Guelph Guild of Handweavers and Spinners has rescheduled the spring workshop Lace Weaves on 4 Shafts with Jette Vandermeiden, to April 21 and 22 in Fergus, Ontario. So there is still time to take part in what will likely be Jette’s last guild workshop.Jette Vandermeiden is a widely respected teacher with an in-depth knowledge of weave theory and cloth structure. The Round Robin workshop will explore threading units and weave structures for 4-shaft lace weaves such as Swedish Lace, Huck, Bronson and others, together with examples of how to expand the structures to more shafts for greater versatility in patterning.
The workshop will be held from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 22 at the Masonic Hall, 310 St. Andrew Street East in Fergus. The cost of the workshop is $225. A complete list of warping instructions and a materials list will be emailed to participants when you register. A registration/information form is attached to this email (please disregard the dates on the form).For more information, please contact Beth Showalter.
- 1717.April.TuesdayNo events
- 1818.April.WednesdayNo events
- 1919.April.ThursdayNo events
- 2020.April.FridayNo events
- 2121.April.SaturdayNo events
- 2222.April.SundayNo events
MONTHLY GUILD MEETINGS
If you are interested in spinning or weaving, you are welcome to join us at one of our monthly meetings! We do a variety of things together
When: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Where: The Meeting House at Riverdale Farm (201 Winchester Street, Toronto, M4X 1B8)
SPINNING AND KNITTING DROP IN
An open session for spinners and knitters to socialise and work on their own projects. Feel free to join us anytime – it’s totally free to come along!
When: Thursdays, 1pm – 3pm (please check the calendar for current dates)
Where: The Meeting House at Riverdale Farm
IN THE COMMUNITY
The Guild generally participates in the following events each year where we demonstrate fibre processing, spinning and weaving to the public. These are subject to confirmation.
See the Guild in action on the second weekend in September at the Riverdale Farm Fall Festival, and at the Cabbagetown Festival too!
Riverdale Farm is a great place to spend Family Day, with lots of fun activities taking place, including weaving and spinning that the whole family can enjoy.
Riverdale Farm opens its doors with the farm’s popular spring festival where Guild members use the fleece shorn from the farm sheep to demonstrate the old skills needed to make yarn, dye it and weave it into cloth. Come and see sheep shearing, basic wool preparation, spinning and weaving in action!
More information on Riverdale Farm